Welcome parents! We appreciate your commitment to JPEC. It is truly our privilege and honor to have the opportunity to educate and support your child. We are committed to being communicative and transparent with our families. Please utilize the provided links and information to learn more about our program and the opportunities at JPEC for your Falcon.
College and Career Focus
- Follows college scheduling with three terms [Fall (Sep – Dec), Winter (Jan-May), Spring (May-Jul)]
- The academic year is 11 months long providing students more opportunity for advancement as well as opportunity for support.
- Located on Jackson College’s Central Campus providing students with direct interaction with a college environment and providing our dual enrolled early college students ease in transition to college course work.
- Students scheduled each term according to program path and pace.
- School day hours to match more of a career experience. School day hours being 9:00am-4:30pm. Students start classes at 9:00am based upon research studies showing that adolescent minds are not fully awake and ready for learning at a traditional start time of 7:30-8:00am.
- Every student is provided a device to access digital tools and resources for learning.
- Our faculty use a learning management system (LMS) to directly mirror Jackson College’s “Jet Net” system for ease of transition.
- Students utilize Google Apps for Education to enhance, organize, and to collaborate. Our faculty design their course shells on Moodle to provide students the ability to access and extend learning anywhere and at any time.
Competency Based Learning & Individualized Pacing
- Students must demonstrate a minimum of 80% proficiency (3.0) in essential course skills to move forward in their program.
- Failing classes or repeating classes does not exist at JPEC! Students continue to progress in their courses working towards mastery on a personalized time line appropriate to each student and differentiated by each course.